When we think of classic comfort food, our minds immediately go to our childhood favorite: soup and grilled cheese. So many of you already love our recipe for Onion Jam Grilled Cheese, so this week, Chef Shawn whipped up a delicious soup to pair with it when you need a little extra comfort.
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of peeled and diced sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp of freshly minced garlic
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup of Fire Cider
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, saute diced carrots, sweet potatoes, and onion in olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook until carrots and sweet potatoes begin to caramelize.
- Add in ginger and garlic. Saute briefly and add in vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until carrots and sweet potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a blender container and puree. Add honey, fresh thyme, salt, Fire Cider, and pepper, and blend until smooth.