Looking for a spicy breakfast cocktail that will give your taste buds a rush? This Fire Cider Bloody Mary combines the power of roots and fruits with the savory flavors of this classic brunch beverage.
Thanks to those habanero peppers, this version will rev you up to start your day, all while delivering an intoxicatingly savory flavor! This simple version is a serving for one, allowing you to scale this quickly when making it for a crowd. Leave out the vodka if you're looking to make this a booze-free affair. This version packs a punch!
- 2 oz Honey-Free Fire Cider (or flavor of your choice)
- 6 oz tomato juice
- 2 oz vodka (optional)
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Chili-lime seasoning
- Celery stick
For the chili-lime rim:
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a chilled glass. The acid in the juice will help dissolve the salt and stick it to the rim.
- Put some chili-lime seasoning into a small shallow bowl or saucer.
- Put your glass upside down over the bowl and turn it so that the outside rim gets fully coated with salt, then give it a little shake so that any excess falls off.
- Your glass is ready for your cocktail!
To make your Bloody Mary:
- Fill your shaker with ice (or use a pint glass)
- Add all the liquid ingredients and the horseradish to the shaker
- Shake until the shaker is icy to the touch - and get in a lil' workout :)
- Strain into the chili-lime rimmed glass, filled with ice
- Garnish with a celery stick - or more, if you are feeling festive
- Have fun with the garnishes, adding or leaving out any snacks or treats you may want to accompany your Bloody Mary. I'm adding some pickles or even a slice of bacon from the brunch table. Either way, keep it as simple or make it playful as you'd like!