We love how creative, and delicious this latest recipe is from our friend @lilsipper.
I'm not vegan, but I don't eat pork, and it irritates me when I hear nutritionists recommend veggie bacon to bring down people's cholesterol, etc. Fake bacon is just as bad (full of chemicals). So here's a CLEAN, fun alternative if you want that bacon taste and crunch without the chemicals, gluten, and obviously the pork!
6-7 long carrots (the fatter the better)
2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
1/2 Tbsp Fire Cider Honey-Free
Himalayan sea salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix blackstrap molasses and Fire Cider.
2. Slice carrots in a mandolin on thickest setting and immerse them into the bowl of sauce to coat.
3. Lay carrots in air fryer (not touching) and sprinkle w/salt.
4. "Fry" at 400 F for 9 minutes, flipping 5 minutes in. (I had to make batches since they all couldn't fit at once)
NO Air Fryer?
1. After step #2, lay carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (very important to line your baking pan) and sprinkle with salt.
2. Bake at 400 F until they begin to "curl up" then flip and continue baking until crisp or desired texture. *Cooking time will vary depending on how many strips on your pan at once.
Once your carrot bacon is done you can snack or build the best vegan BLT ever! Use your favorite bread and top with vegan mayo, a thick slice of tomato, organic romaine, bean sprouts, avocado, and your fresh carrot bacon!
Image and recipe credit: Bethany Ugarte (@lilsipper on Instagram)