Looking for another side for your Thanksgiving table? Need a little colorful acid to help cut through all the decadence? Our delicious recipe for pan-seared carrots with a Fire Cider yogurt dressing is just what you've been searching for!
Ingredients (Makes approximately 4-6 servings):
- 6 carrots (cut lengthwise into quarters)
- 2 tbsp of butter, divided in half
- 1 tsp of honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley or other herbs (for garnish)
- 1 cup of whole milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp of Fire Cider (we used Wildflower Honey)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of sumac
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Mix yogurt, Fire Cider, olive oil, sumac, and cumin together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix room temperature butter with honey and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a cast-iron pan until hot, then add carrots. Sautee on high heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Add honey/butter mixture to the pan and sautee for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a large serving plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Lightly drizzle the yogurt dressing on the carrots and top with parsley. Serve warm with extra dressing on the side for dipping.