Winter may be winding down soon, but we're not quite out of the woods yet with cold & flu season. February is a popular month for the resurfacing of sickness, and it can be hard to keep illnesses at bay when you're seemingly surrounded by germs.
Fear not - we're here with some friendly reminders on how to stay healthy when everyone around you is coughing!
1 - Take care of your body.
- Creating healthy habits and keeping your body in tip-top shape will give you the best chance at fighting off any germs.
- Eat well - lots of green, leafy vegetables will do great things for your body.
- Get enough exercise - keep your body strong and active.
- Make sure you're getting enough shut-eye! Sleep is how our bodies recover, so you could be fighting germs and building a stronger immune system while you snooze.
- A daily shot of Fire Cider never hurts! ;)
2- Limit your exposure to germs.
- Wash your hands often.
- Always wash your hands after touching anything in public (railings, door handles, shopping carts, etc.) and before eating.
- Don't touch your face.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you've washed your hands.
- Keep some antibacterial gel on hand for when you don't have access to soap and water - but don't become too reliant on it! Soap and water is the most effective way of getting germs off your hands.
3 - Stay Hydrated!
- Never underestimate the power of a glass of water.
- Keeping your body properly hydrated will help pretty much every bodily system to function at its best, so drink up!
At the end of the day, you can't totally avoid germs (unless you vow to not leave your home or let anyone else into your home until the season has passed). Stay on top of your overall health to give your body the best ability to fight off the yuck, and stay positive! Spring is just around the corner.