Skip to content

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS | *Only available in the contiguous US. See shipping policy for Alaska & Hawaii

Tips for Staying Hydrated

Tips for Staying Hydrated

We've all been itching to get outside and DO things! And it's easy to lose track of just how much water you're losing through sweat. 

The average human being needs to take in between 90-120 fluid ounces per day, and more if you're exercising strenuously or experiencing water loss through environmental factors like heat or high levels of stress. About 80% of this should be consumed in liquid form but you'll get the other 20% from the foods you eat.

Here are some of our favorite tips for staying hydrated.

1 - add more hydrating foods to your diet

  • A morning bowl of oatmeal, whether cooked or overnight, is a great way to add extra fluid intake. For an extra boost add some chia seeds - they absorb 10 times their weight in liquid!
  • Try zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash instead of pasta, those zoodles are almost 95% water!
  • Smoothies are a great way to hydrate and cool down. Freeze your fruits and you won't need to use any ice! Our fav recipe is here!

2 - make a commitment to water - always have your water bottle handy!

  • Your water doesn't have to be boring - add flavor with fresh summer fruits and herbs
  • Give your water an extra boost with some Fire Cider, fresh ginger juice and a dollop of honey (or maple syrup)
  • Mix it up and make coconut water, seltzer or aloe water part of the rotation

3 - Avoid what drains you

  • Coffee and black teas are caffeinated which is a diuretic and will flush water from your system. If you need that a.m. boost, avoid the Grande latte and stick with a simple cup of joe.
  • Alcohol is a no-no for the same reason. If you've had a long, hot, or stressful day the first thing you grab at home or that party you've been waiting for probably shouldn't be a glass of sangria. Make sure you're pre-loaded with a glass of water before your next beverage.

Making sure you're getting all your fluids is a lot easier than it seems! What are some of your favorite ways to stay hydrated?

Staying hydrated is easier then you think - add a little Fire Cider to your water

Fire Cider Turmeric Smoothie is a great way to stay cool and hydrated on the Fire Cider Blog

Older Post
Newer Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Close (esc)


Use this popup to embed a mailing list sign up form. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page.

Age verification

By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.


Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Shop now